Visit of Shri V K Pandian, Secy to CM, 5T and Shri Asit Tripathy, Chief Secretary to Keonjhar, Mayurbhanja and Balasore districts.
Bhubaneswar: Today, Shri V K Pandian, Secy to CM, 5T and Shri Asit Tripathy, Chief Secretary visited Keonjhar, Mayurbhanja and Balasore districts.
1. They visited the stand alone Covid hospitals that are being setup by the Govt of Odisha and reviewed the progress in each place.
• The second Standalone Odisha Covid Hospital of Govt of Odisha at Keonjhar will have 180 beds including 14 ICUs. It has been setup in the Anwesha Hostel, Ranki. It will be managed by Utkal healthcare Pvt Ltd with financial support from DMF. It will be made operational soon.
• The first Standalone Odisha Covid Hospital of Govt of Odisha in Keonjhar is already operational. It is a 50 bedded Covid Hospital managed and funded by Tata Steel.
• The standalone Odisha Covid Hospital of Govt of Odisha at Balasore is already operational. It has 120 beds including 12 ICUs. It is managed by Jyoti Hospitals with financial support from OHPC.
• The standalone Odisha Covid Hospital of Govt of Odisha at Baripada, Mayurbhanja is already operational. It has 200 beds including 20 ICUs. It is managed by KIMS Bhubaneswar with financial support from OMC.
• They checked the manpower tie up, medicines, ICU facility, isolation wards, etc.
• They expressed satisfaction on the progress of work of the standalone Covid Hospitals.
2. The Range IG Balasore and SPs in all the three districts were instructed to ensure that the lockdown is enforced strictly particularly on the borders of West Bengal and Jharkhand.
3. They discussed with the IG about Law & Order in the police range.
-IG was told to keep a watch on the communal situation.
-The IG was told to ensure smooth movement of agriculture produce.
4. They also discussed with the Collectors about:
-Issues relating to the lockdown.
-Taking care of the migrant workers from other states.
-Speedy implementation of MGNREGA.
-Facilitating the Agricultural and other activities exempted from the lockdown.
– Ensure that food is served to the destitute and helpless people in the Gram Panchayats and Urban areas.