Kalahandi /Sambalpur: Today, Secy to CM, 5T and Development Commissioner visited Kalahandi and Sambalpur districts.
1. They visited the stand alone Covid hospitals that are being setup by the Govt of
Odisha and reviewed the progress in each place.
• The standalone Odisha Covid Hospital of Govt of Odisha at Bhawanipatna will have 200 beds including 6 ICUs. It has been setup in the Government Engineering College. Today it will start with 50 beds and within seven days it will have 200 beds.
• The standalone Odisha Covid Hospital of Govt of Odisha at Sambalpur will have 200 beds including 20 ICUs.It will function from the District Headquarter Hospital.
• They checked the manpower tie up, medicines, ICU facility, isolation wards, etc.
• They expressed satisfaction on the progress of work of the
standalone Covid Hospitals.
2. In Kalahandi, the SP was told to ensure that the Chhattisgarh border is strictly sealed.
3. In Sambalpur, the DIG Sambalpur, Collector and SP were present.
• They discussed with the DIG about Law & Order in the police range.
• The DIG was told to ensure smooth movement of agriculture
produce in the agriculturally important districts of Sambalpur,
Bargarh, Bolangir, Jharsuguda and Sonepur.
• DIG was told to told to keep a watch on the communal situation.
4. They also discussed with the Collectors about:
• Issues relating to the lockdown.
• Facilitating the Agricultural and other activities exempted from the lockdown.
• Ensure that food is served to the destitute and helpless people in the Gram Panchayats and Urban areas.
• Maintenance of social distance