Bhubaneswar: It is heartening to share that Odisha continues to be the top performer in the country in effective implementation of Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) scheme.
According to the ranking of the states released by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Govt. of India, Odisha has retained its 1st position by securing 85.67 per cent of marks.
Since the inception of the mission, launched in 2015, concentrated efforts have been made towards Universal Coverage of Water supply, construction of Septage / Sewerage treatment plants and improving the green spaces in the 9 AMRUT cities of Odisha.
Out of total 191 nos. projects grounded, 148 nos. projects are completed and the rest are likely to be completed well within the Mission period of March 2021.
Odisha has made significant strides in providing piped water supply to all households in urban areas. With the implementation of AMRUT Mission in 9 Cities of Odisha, Universal Coverage of Piped Water Supply has been ensured.The Cities are Bhubaneswar,Cuttack, Sambalpur,Rourkella,BaripadaBalasore,Bhadrak,Berhampur and Puri .
- 2400 KMs of Pipeline Laying / replacement works completed till date. All 9 AMRUT Cities are ensured to have 100% network coverage by December 2020.
- Augmentation in Water Treatment with 6 nos. Water Treatment Plants (WTPs) out of which 2 nos. (WTP) at Rourkela & Bhubaneswar are commissioned. Effective storage & Management of Water is ensured through construction of 89 nos. new ESRs & GSRs with automation systems.
- Substantial growth in the number of water supply household connections i.e. 1.23 Lacs House hold connections already provided in the Urban Uncovered areas of AMRUT cities.
- Smart Solutions for Integrated Water distribution management system using Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) is being implemented in WTPs. SCADA in Mundali, Bhubaneswar WTP and Puri city is already operational.
- Solar Powered Pumps are installed in Pump houses of Berhampur and Baripada with the aim to reduce usage / dependency on non-renewable energy resources and shift towards use of renewable energy resources.
- All projects are Geo-tagged resulting in ease of monitoring on real-time basis, better transparency, accuracy and easy location, management and validation of projects.
- 8 nos. of SeTPs are commissioned and are operational in AMRUT Cities of Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Sambalpur, Rourkela, Baripada, Balasore, Berhampur and Puri. 1 no. Sewerage Treatment Plant in Bhubaneswar has been commissioned and Sambalpur and Rourkela Sewerage Projects are nearing completion.
- 85 nos. of Parks out of total 110 nos. Parks are completed and opened for Public with well-conceived landscaping & rejuvenation facilities, Open Gym, Jogging trails and Child Play Equipment.
Through these projects, we are able to provide clean drinking water, avoid contamination especially in rehabilitation colonies and increase number of children-friendly green parks in the city.
Earlier, Odisha had qualified for national incentive on achievement of reform milestones for 2015-16, 2016-17, and 2017-18.
Sri Pratap Jena Minister Housing and Urban Development has congratulated the Department for this significant strides in implementation of AMRUT scheme in the State.Building durable Urban infrastructure and amenities is the priority of our Government.